FRITATA DE PATATA , is an easy Spanish recipe made with potatoes, onion, salt, and oil. Some of my favorite ethnic recipes include Homemade Pupusas, Authentic Mexican Rice, and Easy Pad Thai.
Ingredients : FRITATA DE PATATA
1 Olive oil 200 ml
2 Potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced 250 gm
3 Salt To taste
4 Onion, thinly sliced 100 gm
5 lightly beaten 4
6 Black peppercorn, ground To taste
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add potatoes to hot oil and cook until lightly browned and crispy around edges, 10 minutes. Remove from heat, strain potatoes from oil, and reserve oil.
3. Season potatoes with half the
salt and set aside.
4. Reheat oil and add onions; cook over medium heat until golden brown, 8 minutes.
5. Strain onions, set aside, and reserve oil.
6. Combine potatoes and onions.
7. Add reserved oil to a 6-inch (15 cm) sauté pan over medium heat.
8. Heat oil until it just begins to smoke. Shake pan 10 to 15 seconds, then cook 30 seconds without moving pan. Lower heat and cook 2 to 3 minutes until a crust has formed.
9. Flip tortilla when edges are cooked but the center is not completely set. Place a plate on top of the pan and gently flip tortilla onto the plate. Slide tortilla back into pan and continue cooking over low heat for 1 minute longer. Pan may need additional oil before returning tortilla.
10. Serve hot.