Recipe Of Gazpacho or Gaspacho, also called Andalusian gazpacho, is a cold soup made of raw, blended vegetables. It originated in the southern regions of the Iberian peninsula, specifically Andalusia, and spread into the regions of Alentejo and Algarve.
Ingridients : Recipe Of Gazpacho or Gaspacho
1 Cucumber 200 gm
2 Tomatoes 200 gm
3 Pimentos 10 gm
4 Spring onion 15 gm
5 Capsicum 50 gm
6 Bread (2 day old) 100 gm
7 White vinegar 30 ml
8 Olive oil 30 ml
9 Garlic 3 cloves
10 Sugar 10 gm
11 Salt To taste
12 Pepper powder To taste
13 Tomato puree 150 ml
14 Chives 5 gm
15 Cream 60 ml
16 Cucumber 10 gm
17 Tomatoes 10 gm
18 Onions 10 gm
19 Capsicum 10 gm
20 Bread croutons 5 gm
21 Parsley 5 gm
- Peel, deseed and roughly chop cucumber.
2.Wash & roughly chop tomatoes & spring onions. Wash, cut into halves, deseed & roughly chop capsicum
- Peel garlic. Wash & finely chop chives.
- Crumble bread into small pieces.
- For Garnish: Peel, deseed and cut cucumber. Blanch, peel and deseed tomatoes. Peel & wash onions. Cut al these vegetables into brunoise. Chop Parsley, cut bread into croutons & toast lightly.
- Mix cucumber, tomatoes, pimentos, spring onions, capsicum & bread with vinegar, olive oil, garlic, sugar, seasonings, tomato puree, chives & water (approx. 500 ml).
- Let the mixture rest for 10 min. Then put in a blender & make a puree. Strain and add cream.
- Adjust the seasoning. Refrigerate.
9.Presentation: Chilled 4 cups, pour equal quantities of soup in each, garnish & serve with bread sticks & dinner rolls.