Focaccia is a flat oven-baked Italian bread product similar in style and texture to pizza dough. Focaccia is popular throughout Italy and is usually seasoned just with olive oil and salt.
It might also be flavored with herbs, vegetables, or cheese.
Ingredients : Focaccia
WATER – 450 GM
YEAST – 10 GM
FLOUR – 750 GM
SALT – 7.5 GM
OLIVE OIL – 25 GM
BLACK OLIVES – 250 GM
OREGANO – 10-12 GM
ROSEMERRY & THYME – 6-8 GM
OLIVE OIL – 100 ML
TEMPERATURE – 200oC
Straight dough method
1. Soften the yeast in a little of the water. Active dry yeast: Mix with about 4 times its weight in water. Ideal water temperature: 105°F (40°C).
2. Combine the remaining ingredients, including the rest of the water, in the mixing bowl. Add the dissolved yeast, taking care not to let it come in contact with the salt.
3. Mix to a smooth, developed dough.
4. Add the olives after the other ingredients have formed dough.
11⁄2 hours at 80°F (27°C) Makeup and Baking
1. Scale at 1400 g for each half-size sheet pan.
2. Oil pans heavily with olive oil. 3. Roll and stretch dough into a rectangle to fit pans and place in pans.
4. Proof until doubled in thickness.
5. Top each unit with 60 mL olive oil. With fingertips, poke holes heavily at regular intervals.
6. Top each unit with 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh rosemary and with coarse salt to taste.
7. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 30 minutes
do you know many people just eat bread as there food as they can’t afford dishes and costly food,it is available worldwide with different names.
you can also read our more articles here.